[TYPO3-core] RFC: #11825: Override FE labels with XML files

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Mon Aug 31 14:03:32 CEST 2009

Hey,

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
> nice! We always needed such a feature and just last week were talking
> about it. Thanks: +1 on reviewing and testing.

Great to get so much positive feedback, thanks all :)

> Document this in this section:
>
> http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_inside/4.2.0/view/2/8/#id4218935
>
> which is the section that explains how localization files are fetched
> and in which order.

Documentation attached (changes in section 2.8 "Overriding LOCAL_LANG
values" of doc_core_inside).

> About the naming of the variable: $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['XLL'] creates a new
> "root level" variable, which will also be seen in "All configuration" of
> the install tool. It looks a bit "odd" there, as it cannot really be
> edited in any useful manner. So I think we should find another top level
> variable to put it into, e.g. TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXT']['XLL']. And about
> "XLL", maybe call it TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXT']['llXMLoverride'] or
> something more "speaking". What do you think?

Indeed a new top level key is not nice because of the handling in
install tool.
I'd go for TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXT']['locallangXMLoverride'], attached
patch and test extension reflect this.

If nobody objects or has a better namespacing idea I'll happily take
care of commit this evening.

Regards
Christian