[TYPO3-core] RFC #11822: Add warning for IE6 user

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Sun Aug 30 10:07:58 CEST 2009

Hi,

> Problem:
> IE6 might not be supported in future versions of TYPO3.
> So it's already time to inform users, that their browser is outdated and
> they should update.
>
> Solution:
> Add a warning to login screen.

- I'm not a native English but I would have written "Beware" instead of "Attention"
- The new text is not related to IE6, therefor I suggest to use another key for it, e.g., WARNING_BROWSER
- Furthermore, errors start with ERROR_ and do not end with _ERROR, meaning WARNING_IE6 instead of IE6_WARNING would still be better but I'd like to remove "IE6" completely

Regarding the test itself, you wrote "[if lte IE 6]" which is correct but I'd prefer using same test as on [1]:

<!--[if lt IE 7]>
<![endif]-->

It is "officially" supported by people having code tested on all browsers.

Note for testers: it's easy to test with "multiple IE" [1]. Test should include other browsers too but I personnally tested the condition with [if lt IE 7] on Safari, IE6, 7, 8, Chrome and Firefox
(Mac + Windows when possible) and it works. Thus +1 by testing once the test is with "7" instead.

[1] http://www.ie6nomore.com/code-samples.html
[2] http://tredosoft.com/Multiple_IE

--
Xavier Perseguers