[TYPO3-core] RFC: #11710: Remove local loopback bypass in Install Tool Login

Stefan Geith typo3dev2008.nospam1 at geithware.de
Fri Aug 28 12:03:26 CEST 2009

Hi Steffen,

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> +1 by reading and testing.
>
> Anyway it's annoying for me on my local machine to be asked for file
> creation. Any suggestions for lazy devs (without patching it to 1==1)?

I'd like to have that too - already patching every install ...

Suggestion:
Additional file
    'INSTALL_IP_LIST'
containing a List of IPs that may enter install-tool without further checks.

If not existing or empty file or IP not included in List:
Normal procedure as it is now ...

Implementation is simply:
$ipListFile = dirname($PATH_thisScript).'/typo3conf/INSTALL_IP_LIST';
$allowedIpList = file ($ipListFile);
if (!is_array($allowedIpList)) {
	$allowedIpList = Array();
}
if (1==2 || (!in_array($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'], $allowedIpList)  &&
!is_file($enableInstallToolFile))) {

What do you think ?

/Stefan