[TYPO3-core] RFC #11808 : [Feature]: Increase performance using mbstring in t3lib_cs->crop

Timo Schmidt timo.schmidt at aoemedia.de
Fri Aug 28 10:29:58 CEST 2009

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> Hi Timo,
>
> do you have anything that shows the perfomance increase of mb_substr?
> I tested and confirm that it work, but would be interested in some numbers.
>
> vg Steffen
Hi Steffen,

i've made some screenshots of kcachegrind outputs. I've genereated these
files during the test run (I need to run in in a loop to get significant
data. It looks like, that the normal core function(and all below) spents
about 21 % of time in cropping and all below. Cropping using mbstring
takes about 3,5% of the time. Attached there is a screenshot of both,
a patch against the core, trying to consider all remarks and the
testcase i've used.

vg Timo