[TYPO3-core] RFC #7984: Bug: stdWrap.crop now closes opened tags and counts chars correctly

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Fri Aug 28 10:00:48 CEST 2009

Hi Jochen,

Jochen Rau schrieb:

> And thanks for proofing that the crop function isn't sufficient to crop
> HTML. Maybe you would like to try the new cropHTML function instead ;-)

ahrg - ok. That happened because i searched for TS example. Would be
good to post example of usage with the RFC ;)

Ok, changing to
tt_content.text.20.cropHTML = 80| ... |0

it works. But

tt_content.text.20.cropHTML = 180| ... |0

brings the same output. So my additional remark is still valid:
Croplength should be the visible chars, not the chars inside tag.
So +0.5 right now :)

vg Steffen