[TYPO3-core] RFC #8512: Feature: New Hook in function cImage of class.tslib_content.php

Oliver Hader oliver at typo3.org
Thu Aug 27 11:25:09 CEST 2009

Hi Stefan,

Stefan Geith schrieb:
> Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] schrieb:
>> Benjamin Mack wrote:
>>> Hey Dmitry,

>>> Sorry, I meant: We don't need the hook at all.
>>
>> Hook advantage is that several extensions can use it. And it will be
>> applied to any cImage in the system. It is not possible with stdWrap
>> unless you do a hook for the stdWrap, which is performance costly.
>> Also extensions cannot hook directly to cImage without a hook.
>>

> Wouldn't it be better to add the hook at the end of function
> getImgResource() ?
>
> Then even image_resources by IMG_RESOURCE() are included.
> (See http://bugs.typo3.org/bug_relationship_graph.php?bug_id=9292)
>
> What do you think ?

I tend to drop #8512 and use #9292 since at the end of the image
processing it's possible to serve every variation with that hook instead
only covering a part.

I used that hook to create a wetfloor reflection below images, by the
way. The applications for the hook are endless...

olly
--
Oliver Hader
TYPO3 Release Manager 4.3