[TYPO3-core] FYI24: #11530 Replace t3lib_div::GParrayMerged() with t3lib_div::_GPmerged()

Oliver Hader oliver at typo3.org
Wed Aug 26 13:08:37 CEST 2009

Hi Stefan,

Stefan Geith schrieb:
> Ingo Renner schrieb:
>> Problem:
>> After having t3lib_div::GParrayMerged back from the -dead- deprecated
>> folks we now have a small inconsistency. To retrieve GET/POST
>> parameters we use methods prefixed with an underscore, GParrayMerged
>> however does not fit in here.
>>
>> Solution:
>> * (re)deprecated GParrayMerged
>> * move the code to a new method t3lib_div::_GPmerged()
>
> I think, there is a little annoyance with setting GParrayMerged to
> deprecated:
>
> If I want to have my plugins compatible with 4.2.x (and/or 4.1.x),
> I _must_ use GParrayMerged(), because _GPmerged() doesn't exist there.
>
> But then I always get deprecation-messages, when using this in 4.3.
>
> I think,
>    self::logDeprecatedFunction();
> should be removed in 4.3 and be inserted later in 4.4 or 4.5
>
> I think, there should be _at_ _least_ one (better 2) Version of Typo3,
> where both functions are existing and not deprecated.
>
> All other deprecated functions have already in 4.2 their equivalent new
> functions (or workarounds).
>
> What do other devs think about this ?

I see the problems with methods and problems that were introduced in
TYPO3 4.3 and were immediatelly marked as deprecated. Concerning this
patch, it was just a cosmetical change that does not qualify to trigger
a deprecation warning.

Developers will start to write wrappers that check for the accordant
TYPO3 version.

Thus, for GParrayMerged() I vote for removing the deprecation logging.

olly
--
Oliver Hader
TYPO3 Release Manager 4.3