[TYPO3-core] TYPO3 4.3 Feature Freeze

Oliver Hader oliver at typo3.org
Wed Aug 26 12:45:02 CEST 2009

Dear TYPO3 developers,

the development of TYPO3 4.3 has taken a long time with several ups and
downs. There is already a plenty amount of new features, improvements
and bugfixes in the current development branch. However, the major
features that were planned and are on the roadmap for TYPO3 4.3 [1] are
unfinished or still pending in the Core list.

The number of new issues and patches grows daily. But in my opinion we
currently lose our time while discussing nits and all the fancy things
that are nice to have but not really required for 4.3 and cannot get rid
of all the other stuff that was pending for quite some time before. We
don't have the capacity to deal with the whole work load right now.

That's the reason I'm going to set the feature freeze for TYPO3 4.3 for

*August 31st 2009*