[TYPO3-core] FYI24: #11530 Replace t3lib_div::GParrayMerged() with t3lib_div::_GPmerged()

Stefan Geith typo3dev2008.nospam1 at geithware.de
Wed Aug 26 11:57:24 CEST 2009

Ingo Renner schrieb:
> Problem:
> After having t3lib_div::GParrayMerged back from the -dead- deprecated
> folks we now have a small inconsistency. To retrieve GET/POST parameters
> we use methods prefixed with an underscore, GParrayMerged however does
> not fit in here.
>
> Solution:
> * (re)deprecated GParrayMerged
> * move the code to a new method t3lib_div::_GPmerged()

I think, there is a little annoyance with setting GParrayMerged to
deprecated:

If I want to have my plugins compatible with 4.2.x (and/or 4.1.x),
I _must_ use GParrayMerged(), because _GPmerged() doesn't exist there.

But then I always get deprecation-messages, when using this in 4.3.

I think,
    self::logDeprecatedFunction();
should be removed in 4.3 and be inserted later in 4.4 or 4.5

I think, there should be _at_ _least_ one (better 2) Version of Typo3,
where both functions are existing and not deprecated.

All other deprecated functions have already in 4.2 their equivalent new
functions (or workarounds).

What do other devs think about this ?

/Stefan