[TYPO3-core] RFC #11212: Turning off the admin-panel results in error

Oliver Hader oliver at typo3.org
Tue Aug 25 19:43:05 CEST 2009

Hi Rupi,

Rupert Germann schrieb:
> hi olly
>
> Oliver Hader schrieb:
>> I was able to reproduce this with
>> | TypoScript: config.admPanel = 1
>> | and
>> | User TSconfig: admPanel >
>>
>> However, I moved the check to t3lib_tsfebeuserauth (see attached patch).
>
> the reason for putting it directly in index_ts was to prevent the call to:
> echo $BE_USER->displayAdminPanel();
>
> with your variant displayAdminPanel() is always called and the (empty)
> result will be echoed if a BE user is logged in. no matter if the admin
> panel if enabled.
>
> why do you moved it?

I read the reason for that in the bugtracker after I posted the patch
here. The reason I moved it is to have the conditional logic whether to
display the admin panel at one place and not spread.

Some lines above the position of this RFC in index_ts you'll find the
same behaviour (but no need to repeat it):

| echo $TSFE->beLoginLinkIPList();

But, find updated patch as attachment that prevents from echoing nothing
(sounds funny)...

olly
--
Oliver Hader