[TYPO3-core] RFC #11684: Add support for flash messages in the backend

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Tue Aug 25 10:48:31 CEST 2009

Hi all,

the attached version of the patch has been committed to trunk r5816.

- the unnecessary UPDATE queries have been prevented
- @author tags have been removed in t3lib_FlashMessage
- to actually add the messages to modules it's now possible to use a
dedicated marker ###FLASHMESSAGES### if present, otherwise they're
forced to be displayed before the rest of the module's content
- renderFlashMessages() has been changed to public instead of protected

For the ExtJs part that has been requested by Xavier, Rupert, and
Steffen: As I'm not familiar with ExtJs and its best practices I kindly
ask you to contribute a solution to access the flash messages. I think
that'd be in the best interest of everybody, at least I don't see a lot
of sense in me creating a solution that either doesn't work or doesn't
comply to best practices. It'd also be of little help having me to try
to make it work over a lot of iterations and wasting time while some of
you may simply do it in a fraction of the time I would need to do that.

Also I'd rather have the features in before feature freeze and then add
little improvements later on instead of not having the features at all.
I hope you can agree with that.

API documentation will follow until the end of the week.

all the best
Ingo

--
Ingo Renner