[TYPO3-core] RFC #11684: Add support for flash messages in the backend

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Tue Aug 25 10:11:38 CEST 2009

Hi Steffen,

> Michael Stucki schrieb:
>> After talking to Ingo and thinking about it more, I think that you are
>> right that this feature should find its way into 4.3 as well.
>> However, as the discussion grows together with the patch, I suggest to
>> commit the current code as is, and add the missing stuff later.
>
> aha - ignoring the comments from me, Rupi and Xavier to put a half-baken
> concept in (and fix it later ...) i'm very astonished about. Seems that
> lobby does the job.

Your comments were answered by Ingo and also Francois, whose explanation
makes totally sense to me. And, since you did not get back on it since
then, I assume that you either agree now, or lost the interest on the
subject.

About the comments from Rupi: As far as I can see, only the same point
that Xavier also mentioned about ExtJS remains pending, and I already
posted a comment on that. Trust me I will make sure it won't be forgotten.

And yes, indeed lobby does the job. If a developer asks me for a Skype
chat for reviewing a pending patch, I try to be available for that, even
more since this feature is part of the roadmap for 4.3!

> And also while #11397 is still ignored as this would be a great base to
> integrate all that stuff.

Other than #11397, this feature is required by features of the 4.3
roadmap. I try to put my focus on these things, and I would happy if you
do so too. Of course features like this one can be nice enhancements,
but there is really no reason for me to waste time on it right now when
4.3 is so far behind the schedule.

- michael

--
Use a newsreader! Check out