[TYPO3-core] RFC #11684: Add support for flash messages in the backend

Rupert Germann rupi at gmx.li
Sun Aug 23 21:37:20 CEST 2009

Ingo Renner schrieb:
> Rupert Germann wrote:
>> we have already some "messaging systems" in the TYPO3 Backend:
>
> The flash messages are supposed to generalize and unify all these
> messages in one consistent look and feel. A RFC doing this will follow
> after this one's in.

great

>> 1. tcemain printLogErrorMessages()
>> which collects its messages in the syslog table
>
> How do I trigger this one?

a search through the core (doesn't your IDE have this feature, too? ;) )
shows that this function exists twice: in t3lib_tcemain and in
t3lib_extfilefunc.
it's called in alt_doc.php, db_list.php, file_list.php and tce_db.php

>> 2. t3lib_BEfunc::isRecordLocked()
>> which displays the "locked" icons and the beautyful yellow warning box
>> on top of editforms.
>>
>> 3. t3lib_BEfunc::displayWarningMessages()
>> used in alt_intro
>
> Especially these two are supposed to be replaced by flash messages.

the latter one is not possible currently, because alt_intro doesn't use
template.php

>> at least in the current implementation both frames will display the same
>> messages, which doesn't make much sense.
>
> So, could you explain what you did to make the messages show up in both
> frames?

I read the code ;-)
and the code says that the same function is called with the same input
in 2 different frames. That makes me sure that both frames will show the
same message-content. No need to test.

> It could make sense though to display messages that are directly related
> to the tree only. I can't think of a scenario for that though.

even if there would be a scenario it would not work to get different
output per frame because currently all messages are stored in the same
be_session field.

greets
rupert