[TYPO3-core] RFC #11659: Hardcoded labels in backend.php and alt_menu.php

Francois Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Tue Aug 18 12:34:29 CEST 2009

Hi,

> Problem:
> Some texts in backend.php and alt_menu.php are hardcoded.
>
> Solution:
> This patch makes missing labels in typo3/backend.php and in
> typo3/alt_menu.php translatable.

I just reviewed this patch and couldn't test it properly, but it's not
your fault ;-)

The thing is that TYPO3backend::getLogo() is not used, so the
localization of "TYPO3 Content Management Framework" has no impact.
Instead there's class typo3/classes/class.typo3logo.php which has
hard-coded uses of "TYPO3 Content Management Framework".

What I plan to do is to trim down your patch even more and just make the
change for the hard-code "SU" string. The other part should be in
another RFC since it is incomplete as it is now.

Unless you oppose that (quickly ;-) ) I will commit the "reduced"
version this afternoon, as I'm +1 on reading and testing the change
otherwise.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter