[TYPO3-core] RFC: #11731: [Bugfix] ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL file check in yellow box doesn't check the file age

Moreno Feltscher moreno at luagsh.ch
Mon Aug 17 14:53:10 CEST 2009

Hi Stucki "Wunsch-Bündner" ;)

So we now have different solutions for this:
1) leave it as it is (personally I don't think this is a good idea because
it confuses people an the message is definitely wrong)
2) my solution with file age check and KEEP_FILE check (maybe a little bit
too much..)
3) display a message only if KEEP_FILE is TRUE (my favorite one, the file
will be deleted after one hour and admins have not to care about)
4) a remove function in typo3/init.php (I vote against this one because
this will cost some performance due to filesystem access)

So what do you think about 3)?

I would write a patch for this one if nobody objects.

Cheers