[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10040: define Default GET-vars

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon Aug 17 14:26:24 CEST 2009

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> Hi Michael,
>
> Michael Stucki schrieb:
>>> I would be also fine with defaultGetVars, but _DEFAULT_GET_VARS would be
>>> same like _DEFAULT_PI_VARS, so your decision ;)
>>
>> What is the relation between the two? => There is none.
>>

> they are related because both does the same - writing vars to GET from
> typoscript setting. While _DEFAULT_PI_VARS only use the pi-namespace,
> _DEFAULT_GET_VARS does it for global namespace.

I love the idea!

About the naming, I agree with Stucki: defaultGetVars is way better for
the CONFIG setting: _DEFAULT_PI_VARS only has this capital letters with
underscore prefix to avoid clashes with other - unknown - PI settings.
In CONFIG we have no clash, as all setting only comes from "core". To be
in line with all other settings we have there, I also prefer to name it
according to its context.

I have no time to test it, but have you checked if RealURL can also work
with those defaults?

Cheers,
Ernesto