[TYPO3-core] RFC: #11710: Remove local loopback bypass in Install Tool Login

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Mon Aug 17 12:43:18 CEST 2009

Hi Stefan,

> Just an idea:
> Couldn't we store a 'bypass-ip' in localconf ?
> - If it is empty (by default) nobody can login to
>   install-tool _without_ the file 'ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL'.
>   (Same as with removed $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'])
> - IF i want to bypass the 'ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL'-check,
>   I could enter an IP-Address (localhost=127.0.0.1 or
>   a local IP=192.x.y.z or my Office-IP=123.321.x.y)

Is it so difficult to press the button in the backend for creating the
ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL file?

Before we had this button, I agree that it was not very convenient to
enter the Install Tool. However, now that it's available, I see no
reason to add one more config variable for doing almost the same...

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out