[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10359: Empty subparts are ignored

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Sat Aug 15 13:21:31 CEST 2009

Hi Steffen,

Steffen Ritter wrote:
> Jigal van Hemert schrieb:
>> Bugtracker references: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=10359
>
> But I just did not get the point why this is needed... <!-- test
> -->0<!-- test --> or <!-- test --><!-- test --> would not processed
> without, ok. But where is the problem? Why should it be processes, or
> better what the advantage of processing it since there is nothing to
> do or what might happen.

The function is also used to get the contents which is marked with an
open and close marker. Most routines only replace the contents if
getSubpart() returns something that doesn't evaluate to false.
Example: you have an HTML template with: <div class="menu"></div>.
Automaketemplate will simply not use this div at all, simply because it
has no contents.
The same construction can be found in tslib_content::TEMPLATE(),
template::getDocHeaderButtons() and quite a few extensions.

Regards,
--
Jigal van Hemert.