[TYPO3-core] FYI24: Add feature #11707: Integrate possibility to enable/disable the deprecation logging

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Fri Aug 14 13:29:21 CEST 2009

Oliver Hader wrote:

Hi Olly,

>> This is definitly no FYI patch, please turn it into an RFC.
>
> Not? Could you please explain why? It does not change the current
> behaviour by default but adds the possiblity to disable this kind of
> logging in production systems...

it indeed doesn't affect behavior, that's right. But it introduces a new
option, and that option's default value might need discussion,
especially with a topic like deprecation.
There's definitly nothing wrong with the patch itself. However, I would
have liked it to be an RFC as it stand for "request for comments", to
see what others think about the default value f.e. instead of simply
going ahead with it.

You got enough +1s (by reading at least) anyway already.

all the best
Ingo

--
Ingo Renner