[TYPO3-core] RFC Bug #11450: Install tool access check should take IPv6 loopback into account

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Thu Aug 13 16:49:17 CEST 2009

Hi Marcus & Mario,

Marcus Krause wrote:
>>> Instead of extending the check by IPv6 localhost, I'd prefer to
>>> completely remove this check.
>>> Reasons are mentioned here:
>>> <mailman.1.1248082940.15144.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de>
>>>
>> good reasons, what shall i write to this mail address? :D
>
> Should have been a message ID [1].
>
> Please take this instead:
> http://lists.netfielders.de/pipermail/typo3-dev/2009-July/036163.html

I agree with Marcus' reasoning. It's better to remove the other bypass
check rather than adding one more.

Mario Rimann wrote:
> Regarding the issues with proxies that Marcus mentioned, I'd like to
> separate them and have a separate bug-ID / patch for this. See the
> thread in the dev list regarding this topic.

There is little sense in it if this is going to be removed right after.

I suggest to close this RFC and instead come up with a new one that
removes the old 127.0.0.1 bypass.

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out