[TYPO3-core] RFC: #9562: Feature: onChange has no effect

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Wed Aug 12 21:38:32 CEST 2009

Jeff Segars wrote:
> Rupert Germann wrote:
>> hi Dan,
>>
>> I tried to test your patch with wec_sermon but this ext doesn't work
>> in 4.3
>> at all (fatal error in the updater script) and so I gave up after half an
>> hour.
>>
>> can you provide a test extension or a brief description of your testing
>> scenario?
>>
>> greets
>> rupert
>
> I owe Dan some testing on this (doing my best to get to it this week) so
> I'll investigate the fatal error as well.  What was the message?
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff

Dan,
Sorry for the extreme delay in getting back to you on this issue. As I
remember it, early versions of the patch were failing with Javascript
errors so we're certainly moving in the right direction, but I"m still
having problems inside WEC Sermons.

When I change the type field on Sermon Resource (IRRE child) inside a
Sermon record (IRRE parent), I do see the AJAX submit happening.
Instead of getting my saved Sermon Resource back though, I get a new,
empty Sermon Resource.  When I reload the record, my original record is
still there but has not been saved at all.

It's possible that WEC Sermons is an oddball that's doing something
incorrectly. Any test results from other TER extensions in addition to
your test extension?

Thanks,
Jeff