[TYPO3-core] RFC: #11438: Add a registry to t3lib

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Tue Aug 11 13:46:38 CEST 2009

Ries van Twisk wrote:

Hi Ries,

> in fact you can even add two functions to PiBase to give any extension
> proper access to the registry in that case

Yes, that's what I thought too. And an equivalent could be added to
extbase too, as Ernesto suggested.

> function getRegister($key);
> function setRegister($key, $value);

maybe rather
getFromRegistry($key) and storeInRegistry($key, $value)
or
getRegistryValue($key) and setRegistryValue($key, $value)

to avoid confusion..

> About namespaces and object usage, I personally like this method better:
> $myRegister = new t3lib_Registry('tx_my_name-space');

Yes, you're right - that would be an option too.
Only disadvantage I can see ATM:
t3lib_Registry could not be a singleton anymore. If you'd want to use
the registry in several places with the same namespace (e.g. "core") you
would need to load the same keys multiple times..

Bastian