[TYPO3-core] RFC: #11438: Add a registry to t3lib

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 09:37:00 CEST 2009

Hi!

Rupert Germann wrote:
> It is a complete _NO_GO_ to read everything to RAM and then return a
> single item (or to count items like you did in the CF).
> You can never be shure about the amount of items stored in a table and
> so all code which accesses DB table data should work with 10 and also
> with 10 000 000 iterations.

I think I agree with Rupi. I would not like having 10000 registry entries all in memory. Think of loading all cache_hash to memory to get a single value. No real difference with registry I think (in fact, cache_hash is used is registry by some TYPO3 exts).

--
Dmitry Dulepov
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/dmitryd