[TYPO3-core] RFC: #11438: Add a registry to t3lib

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Mon Aug 10 17:41:14 CEST 2009

To all those in favor of a separate namespace argument,

Did any of you try to work with what you propose?
Did any of you have a look at the usage as in the unit tests for example?
Aren't  programmers lazy people?
What value does it really add?
Why are you insisting on that (to me superfluous) argument so much?
Did you have a look at other projects that implement a registry (or the
original variable_*() functions from Drupal)?

To me it feels like a nice feature is drowning in discussions again. The
- still to come - reports module will make use of the registry, it'll
also make use of a patch that adds flash messages for the BE (#11684 for
those interested). But as I see such a tiny, simple feature being
"disimproved" that way, I doubt whether I should hand in the rest of the
stuff.

thanks and all the best
Ingo

--