[TYPO3-core] RFC #9455: RTE incorrectly modifies external links and causes problems with subdomains

Andreas andreas at otto-hanika.de
Sun Aug 9 11:57:14 CEST 2009

Hi Olly,

Am Donnerstag, den 30.07.2009, 22:34 +0200 schrieb Oliver Hader:
> Where do you experience this misbehaviour on your system? I guess it's
> not in tt_content.bodytext, is it?

It happens in tt_content.bodytext as well.

The szenario I have been experiencing this is:

One tree with multiple languages.
1 Domain for the default language, let's call it domain0.example.com, 0
reflects the sys_language_uid used..
Other domains use names like domain1.example.com domain2... and so on.

The editor is logged in into the BE with domain0.example.com.
He/she is editing a translation of a content element e. g. for
sys_language_uid 1 and inserts a link in the RTE to e. g. a specific
tt_news record. The link is inserted as external link to
http://domain1.example.com/news/article/1.html. The CE is saved now.

Accessing the page in the FE and using the link the editor added works
fine.

But do not open the CE again and save it. The link will then be
converted to a somehow relative link looking like
http://news/article/1.html which is causing all kinds of troubles.

It is not a browser issue as far as I can tell.

Cheers,
Andreas