[TYPO3-core] RFC #11659: Hardcoded labels in backend.php and alt_menu.php

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Fri Aug 7 16:10:00 CEST 2009

Hi,

Ingo Renner schrieb:
> Benjamin Mack wrote:
>> Hey Christopher,
>>
>> I don't think "TYPO3 Content Management Framework" should be translated.
>
> I agree with you Benni, but I also agree with Christopher and Steffen.
> Now how do we solve this? :)
> I guess we'll introduce an option with the new translation server to
> "protect" labels from being translated.
>
> what do you think?

maybe this overcomplicates it. i think translators are enough
intelligent not to translate brand names and fixed namings. Never saw
that someone translated framework in german to "Rahmenwerk" :)

But i'm not sure if you have arabic, russion or other languages using
different chars, they maybe have to translate it.

vg Steffen