[TYPO3-core] RFC: #11648: Feature: Add datepicker to date and datetime fields in TCEFORMS

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Thu Aug 6 22:45:46 CEST 2009

Hi Ingo,

Ingo Renner schrieb:
> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>
> Hi Steffen,
>
>> here is my final version, taken all comments into account. I reattached
>> the icon for typo3/gfx again so you don't have to search for.
>
> This version still adds the date picker through JS, I'd still prefer to
> have it added through PHP.
>
> I'm very interested in this feature, but we should do it right though.

i know what you mean, but i also thought about, just in short:

* you can use it already, if you use in TCA eval = date or eval = datetime
* for other usage ExtJS inclusion would be mandantory, which is not the
case for most modules.
* if you want to change, you can override method in class TYPO3.TCEFORMS
or extend it, so it's possible. Every extension can do this

As conclusion i see no reason here for php generating, it would make
sense when using dynamic data inside, which could be php generated. And
for this you can pass them through TYPO3.settings.

vg Steffen