[TYPO3-core] RFC: #11648: Feature: Add datepicker to date and datetime fields in TCEFORMS

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Thu Aug 6 14:20:48 CEST 2009

Steffen Kamper wrote:

Hi Steffen,

> Now the solution is completely CSS-free and works on all browsers i tested.

looks way better now, less intrusive.
However I now thought about something, I didn't think of in the first place:
Did you ever have a look at the existing date picker extensions? AFAIK
they all modify TCEforms in a way that they directly render the
datepicker image from PHP. I'd say that would be desirable for this
solution, too
   * to have a common place where the HTML is coming from and
   * to not cause confusion when debugging
   * that way I gues we could also load the JS for the datepicker only
when needed (in case a TCEform does not have any date fields) (optional
for now)

Additionally I noticed that when a field has a date set already and you
trigger the date picker, that date is not selected in the date picker.
Instead the current day is selected.

One more thing which is possibly not related to this issue:
Please see the attached screenshot, AFAIR we fixed that alignment issue
already, is that a regression?

> With one thing i'm bit unsure, the USmode. If i understand it right from
> doc, after setting $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SYS']['USdateFormat'] = 1 the dates
> should be formatted as dd-mm-YYYY.

it's month/day/year in the US

all the best
Ingo