[TYPO3-core] RFC: #11648: Feature: Add datepicker to date and datetime fields in TCEFORMS

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Wed Aug 5 16:49:45 CEST 2009

Steffen Kamper wrote:

Hi Steffen,

> sjhall i remove all styles from ExtJS when using it???

It's up to you to determine the best way to solve this. What I asked you
to do is to make it look like before, just with the addition of the
calendar icon next to it. The way it is now, make the field unusable by
being too tiny and having even less contrast than the rest of the backend.

> i rechecked on Safari, no problem, icon ios visible.

Ok, after restarting Safari I now have the icon, too.

>>> this is a general problem, as the ExtJS theme resides in t3skin.
>>
>> so fix it. Concerning ExtJs in general: There's still no t3skin
>> version for ExtJs in sight - what about that, did that task get lost
>> when adding ExtJs to the core?
>>

> I'm the only one doing this? I wrote this very clear: oldskin use the
> default skin (blue) and t3skin use the grey-extended theme resides in
> t3skin.

Well, that's not what I said. Please check the screenshot, the icon is
obviously not there without t3skin. It actually even can't be there as
you added the icon/sprite to t3skin only!

>> P.S. I'm a bit annoyed by all that sloppiness in case you didn't
>> notice yet. This is not the way I expect core developers to act/work.
>
> what do you want you say with this? I really get upset and lose all
> motivation! This is not the way talking to each other!

Ok, to say it again and clear: IMO you should test your patches more
before sending them as RFCs. Actually I'm also not the first one telling
you that, and it's also not the first time I told you that. It wasn't
more than a friendly (note the "kindly") pointer/reminder/suggestion.
You should not take this as harsh critics, but rather as a motivation to
improve the quality of your RFCs. If that's not how we should talk to
each other, how else should we?

all the best
Ingo

--