[TYPO3-core] RFC #11642: filelinks are not created via the typolink method

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Tue Aug 4 18:51:17 CEST 2009

Hey all,

this is a SVN patch request.

Type: bugfix

Branches: trunk only (although I use it in a 4.1 installation ;-))

BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=11642

Problem:
As you have extensions that hook into the main render process of the
typolink method, it'd be helpful if almost all links use the typolink
method in tslib_content. However, functions like filelink() in the same
class create their own A-Tag. This is the reason why naw_securedl (which
uses a typolink hook) does not work with the CE "uploads" (which uses
filelink to render the links).

The attached patch makes a typolink call in the filelist method  and
clears some if () statements to make the code more readable on this
area. Additionally, as the typolink method does the jumpURL feature as
well, we don't need this check in filelist anymore, however
jumpurl.secure is still needed there, as it's not taken care of in
typoLink().

All the best,
Benni.