[TYPO3-core] RFC #11606: [Feature]: Add a RANDOM cObject

bernd wilke x00nsji02 at sneakemail.com
Tue Aug 4 17:57:29 CEST 2009

Am Tue, 04 Aug 2009 17:12:07 +0200 schrieb Michael Stucki:

> Hi Fabrizio,
>
>> If you say that wrapping around a COA_INT is way to slow we should go
>> for a RANDOM and a RANDOM_INT object. But how often do people wrap
>> things into COA_INTs when they want them not to be cached? Wouldn't
>> that
>>  for example mean to have a TEXT_INT too (for those who want to display
>> the current time via typoscript...)?
>
> I would stick to RANDOM only and think about adding some future
> enhancement which works seamlessy for every cObject as soon as it's key
> contains "_INT". Should be possible, after all.

why not have a new attribute 'unCached'?

10 = TEXT
10.unCached = 1
10.data = date:U
10.strftime = %A, %e. %B %Y

20 = TEXT
// default:
20.unCached = 0
20.data = date:U
20.strftime = %A, %e. %B %Y

I might be wrong, but I think an attribute 'cached' with default-value 1
might be more complicated to handle

bernd