[TYPO3-core] RFC #11606: [Feature]: Add a RANDOM cObject

Fabrizio Branca news at _REMOVETHIS_fabrizio-branca.de
Mon Aug 3 10:13:45 CEST 2009

Hi,...

> So, what would you choose of the following two:
> - true random RANDOM object, which is automatically non–cached
> - RANDOM object, which is not random by default and forces users to use COA_INT to make it truly random (=work properly)

Why is a cached random object not working properly in your opionion?
There are scenarios where this makes absolutely sense.

If you say that wrapping around a COA_INT is way to slow we should go
for a RANDOM and a RANDOM_INT object. But how often do people wrap
things into COA_INTs when they want them not to be cached? Wouldn't that
  for example mean to have a TEXT_INT too (for those who want to display
the current time via typoscript...)?

> TYPO3 quality sucks these days.

It is not fair to generalize this statement. Think of all the people
putting so much effort into the TYPO3 code in their free-time! Saying
that their code sucks might stop them from wanting to contribute code...
Please be careful with statements like these.

Bye and have nice day,

Fabrizio