[TYPO3-core] RFC #2314 - moving records doesn't move translations

Tolleiv.Nietsch info at tolleiv.de
Sat Aug 1 14:14:07 CEST 2009

Just a little reminder with some informations how you can/should test this.

Requirements:
System with 2 or more languages

Effects:
Moving localizable records (tt_conte,tt_news...) moves their
localizations too.

Reproduce:
1) Create a tt_content record and create a l10n-overlay-record for it.
2) Use the scissors icon of the "parent"-record to cut the records
3) Switch to another page and paste the record there.

Within any workspace the expected result without patch is:
1) parent-record was moved
2) l10n-record is still stored on the old page

Within any workspace the expected result with patch is:
1) parent-record was moved
2) l10n-record was moved too and is still attached to the parent-record

Exceptions:
Due to the different l10n-mode for page records this didn't happen with
page-records before.

I'd love to get this into 4.3 since this is a real problem in
multilanguage-system. So please don't hesitate to contact me.

Regards,
Tolleiv