[TYPO3-core] RFC #11611: Add feature condition on the includeCSS / includeJS

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Sat Aug 1 10:58:58 CEST 2009

Steffen Kamper wrote:

Hi Steffen,

> did you searched before? have a look to #6421 in this list.

I'm replying to this thread cause the original issue is not in my local
folders anymore.

I'm surprised about the conservative reactions back then..
Conditional comments has become some kind of standard (at least if you
want/need to support IE6). Using page.headerData to include CSS/JS is
nothing but a hack.

Maybe you guys can accept an alternative:
Instead of:
page.includeJS {
	file1 = fileadmin/test.js
	file1.condition = lte IE 6
}

what about:
page.includeJS {
	file1 = fileadmin/test.js
	wrap = <!--[if lte IE 6]> | <!--[if lte IE 6]>
}

?

Bastian