[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10533: Allow predefined setting for "extended view" in list module

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Thu Apr 30 19:44:06 CEST 2009

Hi,

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> Bugtracker references:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=10533
>
> According to the discussions about "Extended View" in list module here
> comes a patch as suggestion which should fit all needs.

Long story short: After a fruitful discussion with Benni we found it
would be better to completely move Extended View to user->setup.

The new option in user->setup will be used three times (one rfc each):
1. "extended view" in list module
2. "extended view" in filelist module (implemented with #10515)
3. "Show secondary options (palettes)" in TCEForms

This patch does 1 by removing "extended view" from list module and
adding it to user->setup (default 1)

Notes:
As with all user->setup fields, the default can be changed with
setup.default.extendedView (new users), and forced/blinded with
setup.override.extendedView, both user/groupTS.
Additionally the extendedView for the list module could explicitly
disabled / enabled:
setup.override.extendedView.disableInListModule

Attached are the patch for the list module (10533_v4.diff) and the
tceforms patch (preview only, rfc will follow if the list module thing
makes it). The patch for filelist is in thread #10515.

Regards
Christian