[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10201: Duplicate cHash Values

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Wed Apr 29 09:32:09 CEST 2009

Hi,

i think Bernhard's approach is wrong as we have a given situation and
build a md5 of this situation, in this case the GET-vars. Having the
same set of GETvars we always get the same hash, we don't build random
hashes.
So - building md5 hash of a given set is unique, you don't get the same
hash with other combination.

But using shortMD5 the chance that the first chars are equal is much
bigger, and as you see it happens in real life

vg Steffen