[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10201: Duplicate cHash Values

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Tue Apr 28 21:29:06 CEST 2009

Hi,

> RealURL is almost ready for this TYPO3 change.

That's good news. I'm ready to commit this patch as soon as RealURL is
in synch.

> One thing that bothers me is that cHash will be visually much longer in the URL. Otherwise I see no disadvantages.
>
> What do others think? Should we have proper md5s in cHash?

I don't think this really matters. It's much more important to reduce
the occurrence of duplicates. I think people shut out "random" numbers
anyway when see some in a URL, so the quantity of them doesn't really
matter.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter