[TYPO3-core] FYI24: #10953: Validation issue: <a> attribute "href" lacks value in shortcut menu

Mathias Schreiber [wmdb >] mathias.schreiber at wmdb.de
Thu Apr 23 09:17:42 CEST 2009

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
> I remember that href="#" caused page reload instead of processing onclick even if onclick returned false. It was long time ago (a year or so) and I do not remeber exact details. I am not sure if it is still the case but it is good to check it...

In certain IE builds an <a href="#" onclick="whatEver();"> causes the
browser to jump to the top of the page.

But I don't think this is a problem in the shortcut menu, since it is
rather short anyways.

But skinning should be taken into account, so that this call doesn't
trigger the new skin to jump around.

Whats wrong with <a href="Javascript:myFunctionCall();">?
Doesn't look nice, but does the job.

cheers
Mathias