[TYPO3-core] RFC: 10964: ExtJs prototype-adapter leads to several IE-errors

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Thu Apr 23 04:41:53 CEST 2009

Hey Steffen,

+1 on the patch. Just by reading. I will test the patch itself tomorrow
(I know the solution works but I haven't tested the patch yet).

I'm for removing the adapter file completely. Why?

* It's buggy, and thus if it does not work for IE6, why would anyone
want to use it?
* Why should we ship something that is used zero times in the core?
* We don't ship all the other adapters either, why this one? Because we
have prototype in the core as well?
* If an extension would need it, it could ship it by his own. I have an
extension that uses prototype and to make it work with 4.0 I ship my own
prototype.js file, just in case...

I understand your concerns. So if the majority is for keeping it, let's
keep it. But right now we don't have the holy cow yet for this file, so
we can remove it "safely" :)

All the best.
Benni.