[TYPO3-core] RFC: 10964: ExtJs prototype-adapter leads to several IE-errors

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Wed Apr 22 23:03:35 CEST 2009

Hi,

this is a SVN patch request.

Type: Bugfix

Bugtracker references:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=10964

Branches: trunk

Problem:
After some investigations from Bennie and me we came to the conclusion
that the errors in IE are caused by the ExtJs prototype-adapter. Errors
are gone immediately after switching to ext-base.

Comment from ExtJs Core member:

"I think that there are actually some speed disadvantages to using the
adapter. I would say stick with ext-base and use prototype outside of
Ext wherever you need to."

Solution:
Don't use prototype adapter, always use ext-base.

Additional:
delete prototype-adapter from core, it's buggy and shouldn't be used.

vg Steffen