[TYPO3-core] FYI24: #10953: Validation issue: <a> attribute "href" lacks value in shortcut menu

Patrick Broens patrick at netcreators.com
Wed Apr 22 14:01:38 CEST 2009

Hi Dmitry,

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Patrick Broens wrote:
>> Remarks:
>> Some people will say that you also can use "javascript: void(0);" in the
>> href attribute. This is true, but can have some side effects in IE. The
>> image in the anchor sometimes not gets displayed, although it is there.
>
> I remember that href="#" caused page reload instead of processing onclick even if onclick returned false. It was long time ago (a year or so) and I do not remeber exact details. I am not sure if it is still the case but it is good to check it...

Do you know on which browser this happened?

Sounds to me like a javascript error somewhere. Then the javascript call
breaks and the browser does not see the "return false" anymore.

We have more href attributes filled this way with a return false at the
onclick. This is not the first time this is used in the BE of TYPO3.

I've tested this on Windows FF3, FF2, IE7, IE6, Opera9, Safari4 beta and
Chrome

Cheers

Patrick