[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10853: [Feature] New Multimedia CE

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Tue Apr 21 13:11:18 CEST 2009

Hi,
>> Yes, every player is different, but each one can be preconfigured for
>> every needed preset. And to be honest, there are most likely only 1 or
>> 2 used per website (one flashplayer with video/audio support or
>> splitted up in two separate players). Quicktime and other stuff are
>> not that common anymore, and as Flash is now also able to play mp4
>> videos you no longer need the barely customizable Quicktime plugin at
>> all for podcasts or alike.
>>

> did you tried this patch? There are default params to configure, please
> test it ;-)

I only reviewed the patch quickly - haven't tested it yet though.
So as preset parameters are already possible, how about implementing a
preset-selector? Wouldn't be hard to do I think by using a userFunc
(probably with hook) to fill the dropdown.

As I only had a quick look at the patch, are the defaultWidth/height
settings of type stdWrap? If not, it'll be cool to add stdWrap
properties there, to be able to check for a registered variable etc. You
could also put the parsed pi_felxform vars to the register and apply
them to stdWrap enhanced configuration settings. That way you could
override some defaults based on the rendering location of the website
(main content, sidebar, multicolumn content etc).

Again - just some ideas/suggestions. I think we better move further
discussion to 4.3 list as Martin suggested.

--
kind regards,
Franz Koch