[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10706: Usability: Remove "Save and View" when creating records in sysfolders

Mathias Schreiber [wmdb >] mathias.schreiber at wmdb.de
Fri Apr 17 12:17:01 CEST 2009

Ismaël Bidau schrieb:
> Steffen Kamper a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> This is SVN patch request.
>>
>> Type: Bugfix
>>
>> Branches: trunk
>>
>> BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=10706
>>
>> Problem:
>> When creating a record in a sysfolder, the "Save and VIew" button is
>> still displayed, although it doesn't have any reasonable functionality.
>>

> There is at least one "reasonable functionality".
> You can create sysfolder for tt_news and add tx_ttnews.singlePid = 123
> in PageTSConfig.
> So yours editors have access only to a sysfolder to create news and can
> use the "Save and View" button to see the result in FE.

Makes sense.
In this case (and it is basically the only case I know... although I
could imagine other situations where this might come in handy) maybe it
would make sense to have it hookable so extenion authors can hook in and
declare to show this button if certain conditions are met.

This would reduce the loads of "I clicked save an view but don't see
anything" calls we get.

cheers
Mathias