[TYPO3-core] RFC #7984: Bug: stdWrap.crop now closes opened tags and counts chars correctly

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Thu Apr 16 10:52:56 CEST 2009

Hi Jochen & Olly,

Oliver Hader schrieb:
> Find attached a new patch with the following modifications:
> * allowed space characters before tag name, e.g "<  a href="..." ...>
> * removed some greedy operators, e.g. '"[^"]*' instead of '".*?"'
>
> Furthermore I created some unit tests for the whole thing. The only
> thing that is currently missing is the extraction of <script> tags as it
> is pointed out in the patch.

Do you think the extraction of script tags is a must-have? I would say
no, because so far it's already a lot better than nothing, and the
feature needs to be specifically enabled anyway.

> Besides the script thingy:
> +1 on reading and testing

So, how many more votes do we need?

It would be good to get this into trunk, as it was one of the t3board
bug-auction bugs...

cheers
Ingmar

--