[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10905: Produced tables from pi_base are not XHTML Strict valid

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Wed Apr 15 20:21:58 CEST 2009

Hi,

> We gain a feature that's only for "validator freaks" but loose a feature
> that's needed for (very) old browsers.

guys using those (very) old browsers (IE4, NS4, etc) will have corrupted
website layouts in 99% anyway as probably no webdeveloper is supporting
those anymore. IE5 would already support "white-space:nowrap" afaik, and
even IE5 already gets very poor support among devs.

I myself would also drop the inline-css and use the css-selector of the
table to achieve this - but that's my personal taste.

--
kind regards,
Franz Koch