[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10201: Duplicate cHash Values

Mathias Schreiber [wmdb >] mathias.schreiber at wmdb.de
Tue Apr 14 14:33:14 CEST 2009

Oliver Hader schrieb:
> I'm fine with using real MD5 in Trunk. For 4.2 I would not use it since
> it will break existing and distributed links. However, it might be
> possible to provide some kind of "mapping" for short->long as extension
> in the TER (just an idea)...

Wouldn't a short check do mostly the same like we have it now?
If cHash is only n chars long select random record from database.
If only one record exists (should do for most smaller installs) return
301 header and redirect to the according value.

Won't work if the encryptionKey was changed though but who would care...
wouldn't have worked now anyways ;-)

cheers
Mathias