[TYPO3-core] RFC #9402: Create a common_locallang-file

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Sun Sep 28 15:11:15 CEST 2008

Steffen Kamper wrote:

Hi Steffen,

> which impact you mean?
> My idea was to include this language file while initializing LANG, so i
> don't see a performance impact, as this happens only once.

I disagree, this might be an unecessary include. In addition to the
unneeded include it also wasts processing time when converting the XML
to an array, and then it also wasts memory by just having that array
witht the labels in memory.

With LANG we should really try to follow a lazy loading approach, just
load what you really need - right when it get's requested the first time.

Ingo

--
Ingo Renner