[TYPO3-core] RFC #9136: Less JS in backend.php / Framehandling problem

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Sun Sep 21 07:49:23 CEST 2008

Hey team,

this is a SVN patch request.

Branches: trunk only

BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=9136

Problem:
There are multiple problems right now:
1. When you have a look at backend.php, you'll see that there is a lot
of inline javascript that is used to load up each module. Most of it is
duplicate code (yes, for every submodule in web, the navframe location
is the same :)).

2. If you have extensions like ll-xml translate, it somehow does not
work if you click on the module to load the module (at least not in FF 3).

Solution:
Remove redundant JS code so it only uses the things that are really
needed. Instead of a big if() array, we save all the data (that is the
location to the modules) in a JS array and then we access the module we
want. Although the code is not 100% readable (well, the path names are
still a pain).

Notes:
This code was written on our sprint of the list module session in Late July.

--
All the best,
benni.