[TYPO3-core] RFC: #9372: Code in class.tx_tstemplateanalyzer.php don't match with the new CGL

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Thu Sep 18 09:21:47 CEST 2008

Stefano Kowalke schrieb:
> Masi wrote:
>> You forgot to convert " to ' for simple strings.
>
> Ideed, fixed.
>
>> main() has a lot's of global stuff that can be removed as well.
>

> You mean this two lines?
>
>> global $SOBE,$BE_USER,$LANG,$BACK_PATH,$TCA_DESCR,$TCA,$CLIENT
> $TYPO3_CONF_VARS;
>> global $tmpl,$tplRow,$theConstants,$rootLine;
>

> Changing eg. $BACK_PATH into $GLOBALS['BACK_PATH'], right?

Yes. Or at least checking if $CLIENT is used in main(). I doubt that. I
guess that an empty main() class has been copied everytime Kasper (?)
created a new BE modul. And the kickstarter used to create such code as
well. But IIRC usung $GLOBAL[] is the CGL way to use globals.

> But i don't no how to handle the last constant at first line:
> $TYPO3_CONF_VARS which was used at end of file for the XCLASS.

A "global" declaration is local to the function. So how can main()'s
"global" affect the XCLASS code at the end of the file?

> And clould/should i use $GLOBALS[] for the second line too:
> $GLOBALS['$tmpl'] ?

Ouch. I say yes. Can't sayy I like it that the modules interact via
global variables, but if you change it, it's more prominent. Just in
case anyone wants to fiddle with the code later on.

Masi