[TYPO3-core] RFC: #2300: [TS] Condition hostname doesn't work

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Mon Sep 15 12:35:07 CEST 2008

Hi,

This is an SVN patch request.

Type: Bugfix

Bugtracker references:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=9346

Branches: trunk, 4.2

The condition [hostname = www.domain.com]
doesn't work.

Reason for that is the kind of comparison

As it's compared with t3lib_div::cmpFQDN it doesn't work:
In this function the IP is resolved with gethostbyaddr() which is in
most cases not equal to the domain available in HTTP_HOST.

I changed the comparison so that this works for me on several servers.

This is a very old Bug and i stumbled today over this, i wonder why not
more people complained.

vg Steffen